We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
A dacha without a gazebo is like a resort without a sea. A suburban area is needed not only for maintaining a vegetable garden. After work, I want to have a good rest. It is best to organize such a place outdoors. Before you start building a gazebo for a summer residence with your own hands, you need to decide on the type of construction, shape, size and other nuances, and we will help you with this.
Determining the type of gazebo
There are three types of gazebos: open, semi-open, and closed. Choose a suitable design, taking into account the landscape design of the summer cottage. It is important to consider the architectural style of the buildings. The gazebo should not stand out as a separate structure, but harmoniously fit into the ensemble, and be its continuation.
Important! When choosing a building type, it is important to think about its functionality. A resting place can be equipped with a simple canopy or a stove with a fireplace can be built, water and sewage can be supplied. Everything needs to be calculated in advance, because not only the appearance of the gazebo, but also the choice of material for construction depends on this.
To help you decide what kind of gazebo in the country you would like to have, we have selected a number of photographs with structures of different types.
Open type gazebos
The most budgetary gazebo is an open type design. Its walls are usually 4 or 6 pillars. The roof is usually light or is replaced by a trellis structure braided by climbing plants. Pillars for an open gazebo in the country make wooden or weld openwork supports from steel rods. If the resting place is equipped with a barbecue, then it is better to use brick for the construction of poles.
The easiest to manufacture are pergolas and awnings. In the first construction, the roof is replaced by a lattice ceiling. The simplest canopy can be attached to one of the walls of the building. In this case, you only need to install two posts.
A lattice structure can be used to make a living recreation area by planting climbing plants near it. Over the summer, the vines will braid all the walls and ceiling. It will turn out to be a great place for outdoor recreation, as in this photo.
The most popular among summer residents are semi-closed gazebos. The structure seems to have walls, but they are not blind. Wooden or forged lattices are usually attached between the posts. The lower part of the gazebo can have blank walls up to 1 m high, and above there is a window opening or lattice. Soft PVC windows are often inserted into a semi-closed gazebo or simply curtains are hung. They protect holidaymakers from wind and splashing rain.
Of all the types of gazebos for summer cottages, a closed structure is considered the most difficult to build. It is already a full-fledged building where you can equip a summer kitchen or a pavilion. A sewage system, a water supply system is laid inside the building, and even heating is connected. They build a closed gazebo in the country with their own hands from brick or wood. Windows and a door must be installed in the design.
Advice! The walls, floor and roof of a closed gazebo can be insulated. Install an infrared heater as a heating device. Now it will be good to have a rest at the dacha even in winter.
It is optimal to put a Russian stove with a barbecue, fireplace and other devices. In addition to being able to cook delicious food on fire, it will always be warm inside the room.
There are budget options for closed gazebos. The lightweight structure consists of wooden or brick posts. The role of walls and windows is played by transparent polycarbonate sheets. With the onset of cold weather, it is difficult to keep warm in such a room. The design is more intended for recreation in the warm season. Transparent walls just keep rain and wind out.
Decide on the choice of shape
The summerhouse can be given any shape. There are no restrictions on this. Moreover, modern materials allow you to do this. It all depends on imagination, desire and capabilities. If we approach this issue specifically, then the most common forms can be distinguished:
- The rectangular design is simple, and at the same time difficult to build. It is easy to make a shed roof canopy. But to build a closed-type rectangular structure will be more difficult due to the device of a four-pitched roof.
- The polygon is characteristic of a semi-closed gazebo. Most often, the design has 6 or 8 corners.
- The round ones are building rotundas. The walls are woven from vines or sewn up with polycarbonate. The roof is made light in such a structure in order to reduce the pressure on the frame.
- Combined gazebos usually consist of a polygon and a rectangle. This design allows you to divide the room into several zones.
When choosing the shape of the gazebo, you need to pay attention to the house. Let these two buildings slightly coincide in design, but at least some of their details should be in harmony.
Determine the size
The choice of the size of the gazebo directly depends on the free area of the summer cottage. It is also important to take into account the internal arrangement. That is, there will be only a table under the roof, or you need a place for a barbecue, a countertop, etc. Right away you need to think about how many people will have a rest. If guests often come to the dacha, then it is not cost-effective to equip a small resting place.
The photo shows an example with the size of an average gazebo designed for a family of 6-8 people. A light gable roof made of ondulin is held in place by inclined wooden posts. Inside is a table with three benches.
If there is a lot of free space in the country, then the best option is a polygonal structure measuring 3x3 m.You can choose a rectangular building with an area of 6 to 12 m2... Such a resting place is suitable for a large company. Inside, in addition to furniture, a stove is installed.
Important! When calculating the size of the gazebo, you need to start from the fact that 1.5-2 m2 of free space should fall on 1 person. The height is determined from the lower edge of the roof on the roof slope to the floor. This figure is 2-2.2 m.
In the background is the architectural ensemble of the site, but this nuance should also be taken into account. For example, in a small garden or near a small outbuilding, a huge gazebo will look strange. If you really want to organize a large resting place, then it is better to make the building openwork, and use polycarbonate for the roof. Such a structure is almost invisible from a distance, and it will not overload the space.
In a large cottage, you can build a structure of any size. If you wish, you can even make two small gazebos at different ends of the site.
What materials are better to choose?
When a gazebo is being built for a summer residence with your own hands, there is no limitation in the choice of material. The main thing is to get a reliable and beautiful design. You can use one material or a combination for construction. Most often, the second option is preferable. Let's look at the photo options for the constructed structures, and find out from what you can make a gazebo at your summer cottage:
If desired, all these materials can be combined in one design. For example, install brick pillars, fix wooden walls between them, and sew up the window openings with polycarbonate.
Priority of construction work
Now we will, in general terms, consider how to build a gazebo at your summer cottage. For example, let's take the simplest and most accessible material - wood.
We draw up a drawing
We begin the construction of a gazebo, even the simplest one, with drawing up a drawing. The frame will be made in the form of a hexagon, and the floor will be replaced by a concrete screed. The photo shows the drawings of the gazebo. You can leave these sizes or calculate your own.
According to the drawing, you can already calculate the required amount of building material, but it is better to buy with a small margin. The leftovers on the farm will come in handy.
We start construction work
Now we will consider step by step how to build a gazebo according to the proposed drawing. After clearing the place of vegetation and debris, we get to work:
- Since we are building a gazebo in the shape of a hexagon, 6 stakes are needed to mark the site. We drive them into the ground along the contour of the future structure where each corner will be located. Pull the cord between the stakes. He will outline the contours of the foundation.
- We remove the soil according to the markings with a shovel. You should get a pit 20 cm deep.
- Pour a 10 cm layer of sand and gravel onto the tamped bottom. On top we lay a waterproofing material, a reinforcing mesh, and formwork is erected around the pit. Pour the base with concrete so that it protrudes from the ground by 10 cm.
- When the concrete hardens, we assemble the lower frame from a bar with a section of 100x100 mm. We attach vertical posts to it in the corners. To strengthen the joints of wooden blanks, we use metal overhead elements. Waterproofing is placed between the wooden frame and the concrete base.
- When all the racks are installed, we carry out the upper strapping from the timber.
- We reinforce the finished frame with jumpers at a height of 1 m from the floor. In the future, wall material will be attached to them.
- Now we assemble the roof frame on the ground. First, from a board with a section of 50x100 mm we knock down a hexagonal frame according to the dimensions of the upper strapping of the pillars of the gazebo frame. We fasten the rafter legs at an angle from each corner so that they all converge at one point in the center of the hex frame.
- We lift the finished structure with assistants to the frame of the gazebo, after which we fix it with bolts to the bar of the upper strapping.
- On the rafter legs from a board with a thickness of 20 mm or OSB we nail the crate. We use ondulin, shingles or corrugated board as roofing material.
- We make the walls from a wooden board or lining. We raise them to the height of the lintel - 1 m.
The finished gazebo must be treated with antiseptic impregnation. It is better to paint natural wood with varnish, from this the structure will acquire a beautiful brownish tint.
In the video, a gazebo with your own hands:
When construction work is left behind, you should definitely invite friends to show off your structure. Maybe someone will take over the experience and install the same gazebo at their dacha.