We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Owners of country houses prefer to green their home areas. A decorative shrub can be a great choice for decorating the site. There are a huge number of plants to which you can find the most diverse application. They can be a hedge, can be planted both individually and in groups. If the site is not sunny, there are many shade-loving species of shrubs. If the opposite is sunny, you can pick up sun-loving plants. Some shrubs can be grown not only in a country cottage, but also in a city apartment.
Before choosing which bush to plant at his dacha, the gardener should pay attention to decorativeness, frost resistance, as well as to many other subtleties.
- To the possible height of the plant. After all, it is unlikely that anyone would want his summer cottage to look like the lower tier of the rainforest, where not a single ray of light can break through.
- On the features of plant care. It is likely that the gardener does not have the opportunity to provide the bush with the necessary conditions, and the plant may die.
Types and names of shrubs
The following flowering shrub plants may be suitable for a summer cottage:
- Spindle tree.
- Felt cherry.
Let us consider in more detail the most popular ones..
- Lilac. A very beautiful flowering shrub that gives us large fragrant flowers in late spring. There are dozens of wild species of lilac, but much more cultivated. Lilacs are quite hardy, grows well in sunny places and on almost any type of soil.
- Spirea. The plant blooms in spring, covered with white - pink flower balls. Spirea is both quite large in size and quite compact. Due to the versatility of the sizes, spirea can be planted both separately, for decorative purposes, and as a hedge. The plant feels good on light loose soil. Shrubs can be planted in bright areas and in the shade. Does not require special care.
- Honeysuckle. An unpretentious shrub popular among gardeners. Blooms in early summer with beautiful, pleasantly smelling flowers. The plant feels good in areas with any illumination.
- Hydrangea. Shade-loving low plant. Spherical bushes with inflorescences of white, blue, pink, light green color look great on a summer cottage. But hydrangeas need careful watering and a shady place.
- Spindle tree. It grows in the northern hemisphere. Has shoots of ribbed shape. The fruits are bright, foliage of an unusual reddish color. Gardeners are attracted by the groundcover species of euonymus, for example, Fortune euonymus. This is a low green bush, reaching 20 centimeters in height.
- Santolina. Evergreen Mediterranean plant. It blooms throughout the summer. Santalia is a photophilous plant, does not require abundant watering. It does not tolerate severe frosts.
- Viburnum. Ornamental plant with healthy bright red berries. Blooms in late spring with beautiful white flowers. Bunches of berries ripen closer to autumn. The bush is quite frost-resistant. Viburnum grows well both in the shade and in the sun. Requires good stable watering.
- Rosehip. Thorny bush, which is a wild rose. The fruits are very useful, because it is saturated with vitamin C. Can be used as a hedge. By decorativeness, rosehip is not inferior to a rose. It does not require special care, calmly tolerates the cold season.
- Hawthorn. Like rose hips, the fruits of hawthorn are very useful. It blooms in early summer, in the autumn it is strewn with red berries. Specialists in landscape design are very fond of hawthorn for its decorative effect, the ability to create beauty on the site both in group planting and individually. In addition, the plant does not require special attention to itself.
- Gooseberry. This small shrub grows in the gardens of many summer residents and bears fruit with delicious sweet berries. Gooseberries require moderate watering. In winter, the bush must be covered with a protective film, because it does not tolerate cold.
- Felt cherry. A relative of the popular garden tree is cherries. It grows to three meters. Fruits in small, unlike standard cherries, fruits. He loves sunny places, does not require special conditions, tolerates frost well.
- Magnolia. Deciduous evergreen shrub. Blooms in early summer with yellow flowers. Magnolia is often used as a hedge. The plant is not demanding on lighting. Heavy watering is undesirable in order to avoid rotting of the roots.
- Heather. A low bush, up to half a meter tall. It blooms for a long time. Does not lose its decorative effect even in winter. The plant must be planted in bright places.
Each type of climate has its own plants. For example, in the Urals, they must be adapted to severe frosts. For Moscow region characteristic flowering wild shrubs, from which in spring a beautiful flowering summer cottage is obtained.
Bashkiria, for example, is a rather cool region; winter-hardy shrubs like mountain ash, rose hips, and evergreens are characteristic of Bashkiria.
The variety of shrubs is very large, and each gardener will definitely choose something to his taste.Ornamental shrubs