We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Water determines comfort, so every person needs it. To connect the central water supply, it is enough to agree with the water supply organization. But what if she is not? Various devices will help us to pump water from the ground. One of them is the Abyssinian well. This is an inexpensive and easy to manufacture mechanism for extracting water from a depth of 8-10 m.
The design of the device was invented in north africawhere dry and loose sands interfered with the construction of ordinary wells. Their walls quickly crumbled, and the water became polluted.
The Abyssinian well is brilliant in its simplicity. With the depth of the shaft of an ordinary well, its cross section is very narrow. In fact, this is a well with a manual pump for pumping water.
The small size allows you to install it anywhere, whether in the basement of the house or in the yard. If placed in a heated room, the water will not freeze even in winter.
Like any source of water supply, the Abyssinian well is built taking into account sanitary standards.
First, get rid of the sources of pollution:
- trash cans
Set of equipment
The basis of the well will be steel pipes with an inch section. Between themselves they are fixed by a threaded connection with a small pitch.
In addition, a slightly larger section of the pipe is threaded onto the threaded sections than the pipe.
An important element of the drill string is the needle. It is used both for punching soil, and as a filter, purifying water from contaminants.
Self-made needle making and well drilling
Holes up to 5 mm in diameter are drilled in a steel pipe with a cross section similar to that of a drill column. To maintain the integrity of the body they are made in a checkerboard pattern.
Along the pipe are supporting rods made of steel wire. This is done to create an opening between the pipe and the outer winding.
On top of the rods we twist the V-shaped wire. Such a node creates an external filter. The entire structure - wrapped wire, support rods and pipe body - is fixed by welding.
The needle tip is mounted to the end of the pipe. In order for the filter not to collapse during movement through the soil, it is necessary to make its outer diameter a little larger than the cross section of the filter.
- In the place we need, we drill a pit 1.5–2 m deep. For this, you can use a manual drill. The pit is needed for the stability of the drill string.
- We put a tripod above the pit, which is made of a metal corner or wooden poles.
- We mount the hook at the top of the tripod. A block or a winch is suspended on it.
- The essence of percussion drilling is in successive repetitions of strokes by a headstock (a metal object having a flat end and having a large weight), along the subheading (cylinder structure at the top of the drill string). In the process of immersion of the drill string on her couplings attach additional elbows.
- While moving through different soil layers, drilling methods can be changed. For example, take a screw drill, a drill spoon. It is necessary to completely remove the drill string and change the tip of the drill.
- We continue to drill to the clay layer, which is located under the aquifer sand layer. The location of the drill in the aquifer is determined by how the pipe absorbs water. Water poured into the pipe will flow into the aquifer.
- After you get to the right place, the well should be rocked. Connect the pump to the head of the well and let the water under pressure to a depth. This will wash away the aquifers and create a cavity filled with water in the needle area. It is recommended to carry out such a buildup every few years.
After completion of the well drilling, the well looks like a pipe coming out of the ground. To transform it into a full-fledged source of water supply, the following should be done.
- Fill the area around the pipe with gravel.
- On top of the gravel we will make a blind area - a concrete platform, which is located slightly above the ground level. This will protect the pipe from external influences and prevent moisture from entering the water intake.
- To lift the water, you can use a conventional hand pump mounted on the head of the pipe.
- Since the depth of the water source is small, water is produced by a surface pump. Its inlet pipe is lowered into the pipe until it reaches the water level. Install a filter screen at the end of the pump inlet hose.
An alternative would be to use a submersible pump, but it will cost more. This is a highly specialized device used in the extraction of water from great depths.
Construction of the Abyssinian well for year-round work
For permanent residence in the country or in a country house, you should think about the work of the well all year round. To prevent the water from freezing in winter, the pump should be placed in a room with a temperature above zero or in a caisson. The caisson is deepened below the freezing level or as a finished structure made of plastic or iron. Reminds a keg deepened in the ground.
The caisson can be sealed with an additional layer of materials that is immune to the ground. The pipeline is insulated both with a passive layer and with the help of active heating such as a heating cable.
It is not easy to make the Abyssinian well, but I successfully coped with this task. An important step is the right choice of place, before hammering a well, I advise you to find out from your neighbors about the groundwater level, if these characteristics are known, then everything will be much easier. After that, it remains only to enjoy the result.Igor
Central water supply is far from my cottage. This forced me to look for other ways. Of these, I liked the Abyssinian well. My friend built one on his own site, so I asked him to help.
We managed the work in a day, and now I have water on the site, which is suitable for both watering and drinking.Dmitry
He built the Abyssinian well. Totally satisfied. There is a lot of water, the quality is good. No different from the apartment, only free. Given the welding, it took two days. Everyone is happy.Anatoly