We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The beneficial properties of thyme tea deserve careful consideration. The drink has a pleasant taste, tones well and strengthens the body in a complex manner.
What thyme is used for tea
The most pronounced medicinal properties are creeping thyme - a semi-shrub plant with bright pink or purple flowers. The herb contains:
- iron and potassium;
- essential oils;
- B vitamins;
- ash and organic acids;
- vitamin C;
- flavonoids and tannins.
Other types also have a therapeutic effect. But it is in the creeping thyme that most of the active components are concentrated.
You can drink thyme tea with frequent migraines.
The benefits of thyme for the human body in tea
The usefulness of thyme tea, or thyme, extends to all body systems. In particular, a medicinal plant:
- liquefies phlegm and promotes its excretion from the lungs and bronchi;
- fights infections and pathogenic bacteria;
- has a good effect on the nervous system and normalizes sleep;
- relieves muscle spasms and soothes joint pain;
- promotes the removal of worms from the intestines;
- improves the condition of blood vessels and lowers cholesterol;
- strengthens the immune system and protects against viruses and colds;
- thanks to its astringent properties, it stops diarrhea.
Useful thyme can be used for inflammatory diseases of the excretory system. The plant eliminates pain and normalizes urination with cystitis and urethritis.
Why thyme tea is useful for women
Thyme tea has a good effect on the reproductive system. It is useful to use it for difficult menstruation and cycle failures, for inflammatory diseases of the genitourinary system and hormonal disorders. The drink evens out the emotional background in women with menopause and makes it easier to endure the entry into menopause.
During pregnancy, thyme is not prohibited for use, but its use should be agreed with your doctor. A useful plant strengthens the immune system, but at the same time enhances the uterine tone and can lead to miscarriage. Therefore, it is advised to take thyme for medicinal purposes mainly at a later date and only if there is a serious need.
Thyme tea during pregnancy helps to eliminate edema
During lactation, thyme can be consumed in the absence of allergies in the infant. The plant will not only help you recover from childbirth, but will also increase the amount of milk.
Why is thyme tea useful for men
The medicinal properties of thyme tea for men are beneficial for prostatitis and urethritis, as well as for weakening libido. Thyme enhances testosterone production and increases potency, and also improves the quality of semen.
It is useful for men to take a drink with a tendency to baldness to strengthen hair. Tea is recommended to drink in case of alcohol addiction - it causes aversion to alcohol and helps to give up the bad habit.
Is it possible for children to tea with thyme
You can offer children a weakly brewed healthy tea with thyme from the age of three. The drink has a good effect on dry cough and bronchitis, whooping cough and pneumonia. At the same time, it is forbidden to combine tea with medicines, which also contain thyme. This can cause an overdose in the child and lead to the development of side effects.
Attention! Before offering your baby a healthy drink, you need to consult a pediatrician. The plant has contraindications and can be harmful.
Thyme tea recipes
Tasty thyme tea can be brewed according to several popular recipes. In any of the options, the drink has pronounced healing properties.
Classic tea recipe
According to the classic recipe, a healthy drink is prepared exclusively on the basis of dry thyme. The brewing algorithm looks like this:
- A large spoonful of dried herb is placed in a small ceramic teapot.
- Pour raw materials with 500 ml of boiling water.
- Cover the container with a lid and leave for half an hour.
- Pour into cups through a strainer.
You need to take the remedy up to twice a day between meals.
According to the classic recipe, healthy thyme tea is drunk without additional additives.
Green tea with thyme
You can make thyme tea in combination with regular green tea. The recipe looks like this:
- 5 g of dried thyme and green tea are poured into a ceramic container.
- The ingredients are steamed with 500 ml of boiling water.
- Insist for 20-30 minutes.
- Filter from sediment.
The benefits and harms of green tea with thyme are that the drink soothes the nervous system, pleasantly tones up and increases efficiency.
Green tea with healthy thyme has good diuretic properties
Black tea with thyme
In case of loss of strength and gastric disorders, black tea with thyme is beneficial. Prepare it like this:
- 5 g of black tea leaves and thyme are mixed in a ceramic teapot.
- Pour 500 ml of hot water.
- Leave in a closed and wrapped form for half an hour.
- Pour into cups.
To improve the taste, it is allowed to add a little honey to the drink. It is undesirable to use sugar, it reduces the beneficial properties of black tea with thyme.
Thyme black tea has astringent properties and helps with diarrhea
Ivan tea with thyme
To strengthen the body and in case of nervous disorders, it is recommended to brew thyme with ivan tea. Prepare the remedy according to the following scheme:
- Combine in a ceramic or glass container with 15 g of thyme and willow-herb.
- Steam 500 ml of fresh boiling water.
- Insist closed for 20 minutes and filtered.
Drink the remedy twice a day, one cup, you need to use it about a couple of hours after eating.
In hot weather, Ivan tea and healthy thyme quench thirst well.
Slimming thyme and ginger tea
The healing properties of thyme tea for women are in demand when losing weight. A healthy drink stimulates metabolic processes and promotes the breakdown of fats, helps to remove toxic substances and toxins from tissues.
The recipe for preparing a dietary product is as follows:
- Thyme is brewed according to the classic recipe - 15 g of dry herb per 500 ml of water.
- The drink is infused for about half an hour and poured into a cup.
- Add 1/2 small spoonful of grated ginger root and stir.
You need to take the drink shortly before meals, up to three times a day. At the same time, in a state of severe hunger, it is undesirable to use it, this can lead to irritation of the mucous membranes and pain in the stomach.
Thyme and ginger are good for strengthening the immune system and protecting against colds.
How often can you drink thyme tea?
It is recommended to brew thyme tea for drinking no longer than two weeks in a row. After that, you need to take a break for two months, and then, if necessary, return to the use of a healing agent. The beneficial thyme, when consumed for a long time, can harm the liver and the functioning of the cardiovascular system.
How to make thyme tea to treat ailments
The beneficial properties of thyme in tea for the human body can be used to treat diseases. Thyme builds endurance and helps relieve symptoms of ailments.
In case of colds, beneficial thyme helps to reduce fever, frees breathing and speeds up recovery. For medicinal purposes, the following collection is prepared:
- An ordinary thyme tea is made from 15 g of a dry plant and 500 ml of water.
- Mix 5 ml of the resulting drink with an equal amount of honey.
- Another 5 ml of aloe juice is added.
- Bring the components to a homogeneous state.
The mixture should be taken three times a day on an empty stomach.
Advice! With a runny nose, inhalation is recommended. A large spoonful of thyme is brewed with boiling water and hot, but not scalding steam is inhaled for 15 minutes.
The plant enhances the effect of pharmaceutical drugs and helps to quickly remove worms from the intestines. The recipe is as follows:
- About 3 g of dried healthy thyme is poured into 250 ml of warm water.
- The solution is kept under the lid until it cools completely.
- Strain through cheesecloth or strainer.
You need to use the product 15 ml up to six times a day.
You can make thyme tea when you cough. The beneficial thyme promotes expectoration and removes phlegm from the bronchi. The plant is consumed as follows:
- Measure 30 g of dry thyme and pour 500 ml of boiling water in a thermos.
- Infuse the drink for eight hours.
- The precipitate is filtered off.
The tool is consumed in 1/3 cup up to four times a day. With sore throat and tonsillitis, you can gargle with thyme infusion - this will help get rid of pain when swallowing.
Healthy thyme has a beneficial effect on the nervous system, reduces stress and relieves depression. For emotional disorders, the following collection is prepared:
- Mix 5 g of healthy thyme, lemon balm and mint.
- Pour medicinal herbs with 500 ml of hot water.
- Insist in a thermos or under a tight lid for about 40 minutes.
- Filter through cheesecloth.
It is recommended to take a soothing beneficial collection in the evening, shortly before bedtime. The drink will help you to quickly relax and promote a good rest.
Thyme tea for gastritis
The plant normalizes the functioning of the stomach and intestines, eliminates heartburn and heaviness after eating and improves appetite. For medicinal purposes, the following remedy is prepared:
- Mix 10 g of useful thyme, caraway seeds and fragrant mint.
- Add an equal amount of centaury herb.
- Measure out 30 g of the drug collection.
- Pour raw materials with a glass of boiling water.
- In a closed form, incubate for 20 minutes.
The filtered useful collection is taken 150 ml three times a day on an empty stomach.
Thyme has a beneficial effect on gastritis with delayed production of hydrochloric acid
Harm of thyme tea and contraindications
Thyme tea helps to improve the condition of the body, but in some situations it can be harmful. It is not recommended to consume a healthy drink:
- with chronic kidney disease;
- with stomach ulcers and pancreatitis in a state of exacerbation;
- with individual intolerance;
- with gastritis with high acidity;
- with Crohn's disease and ulcerative intestinal colitis;
- with chronic liver ailments;
- with severe depressive conditions and apathy.
It is important to observe safe proportions of thyme tea and consume the medicinal drink in strict accordance with the recipes. In case of an overdose, the agent can provoke tachycardia or bradycardia, cause nausea, vomiting and headache. If you are allergic to thyme, itching and rashes are possible.
Warning! Useful thyme is forbidden to be taken simultaneously with alcoholic beverages. This leads to digestive upset and also provokes anxiety and poor sleep.
The beneficial properties of thyme tea improve the condition of the body in case of colds, increased anxiety and digestive disorders. Thyme is brewed for drinking in its pure form or mixed with other herbs. It is necessary to take funds based on it in small dosages, since the plant has contraindications.
Reviews of thyme tea
Vostryakova Anna Evgenievna, 35 years old, Kazan
I love thyme tea very much for its pleasant light aroma and medicinal properties. Healthy thyme has helped me out more than once during stress and helped to cope with insomnia. I always take it for colds to speed up recovery. The herb allows you to remove not only the temperature, but also the headache and unpleasant weakness.
Stepanov Igor Valentinovich, 42 years old, Tver
I have chronic hypoacid gastritis, so I often have heaviness and pain in my stomach after eating. I do not like to take pills all the time, so I try to do with folk remedies. Healthy thyme, brewed neat or with black tea, helps very well. If you take it regularly, then digestion improves markedly, heartburn and belching do not bother, stomach pains disappear.