We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The description of the cherry plum variety Yulskaya Rosa allows you to form a general idea of the culture, which is very popular among gardeners in Russia. The brainchild of Kuban breeders opens the fruit and berry season, is distinguished by excellent taste characteristics, unpretentious care.
Cherry Yulskaya Rosa is a bright leader from the line of early varieties
Hybrid cherry plum July Rose has several names: "June rose", "cherry plum Kometa Early". The variety was bred at the experimental selection station of the city of Krymsk (Krasnodar Territory) by G.V. Eremin and S.N. Zabrodina. Crimean branch of the All-Russian Research Institute of Plant Industry named after V.I. I. Vavilova in the Krasnodar Territory is the originator of the early hybrid species of cherry plum July rose. The parent variety "Kubanskaya Kometa" was used in breeding work. A garden culture called July Rose was included in the State Register of Breeding Achievements of the Russian Federation in 1999.
The originator declares the following main characteristics of the July Rose:
- the variety is self-infertile;
- high early maturity from 3 years of age;
- annual high fruiting from 8 years of age up to 10 kg of berries;
- high winter hardiness;
- medium drought resistance;
- a high degree of adaptation to various living conditions;
- resistant immunity to pathogens and pests.
Early cherry plum July Rose is recommended for cultivation in the North Caucasian region, the territory of the Stavropol and Krasnodar regions, the republics of Dagestan, Ingushetia, Adygea, Crimea, North Ossetia-Alania, Chechnya, Kabardino-Balkaria
Description of the variety
An early cherry plum hybrid July Rose is characterized by the following varietal characteristics:
- medium-sized tree, up to 3 m high;
- the trunk is gray, smooth, with an average number of small lentils;
- the crown is flattened-rounded, medium thickened;
- shoots are arcuate, weakly branching, horizontal;
- the diameter of the shoots is up to 2.5-3.5 cm;
- the bark of the shoots is brown-red, with a green top;
- bouquet branches are short, short-lived (2-3 years), with a large number of inflorescences;
- generative buds are small, round, pressed against the shoot;
- weakly pubescent leaf plates on the underside, oval with a pointed apex, slightly wavy, large, with glands on an arcuate base;
- the color of the leaves is green, shiny;
- leaf size 6.5 cm x 4.5 cm;
- flowering - early April;
- inflorescence is 2-flowered;
- flower size up to 2 cm in diameter;
- corolla weakly closed, with small, rounded, slightly corrugated white petals measuring 7 mm x 7.5 mm, with slightly curved stamens (up to 30 pcs.) and yellow anthers;
- ovary glabrous;
- ripening of berries - end of June;
- drupes are asymmetric: height - 4.1 cm, thickness - 3.7 cm, width - 3.7 cm;
- fruit weight up to 32 g;
- the skin of the fruit is elastic, with a weakly expressed abdominal seam, with a slight waxy coating, it is difficult to separate from the pulp;
- skin color: main - yellow, integumentary - solid red with a pink tint;
- the pulp is low-juiced, medium-dense, fine, fibrous-granular, with an average number of subcutaneous yellow dots;
- the color of the flesh is yellow, when cut in air it darkens slowly;
- mild plum aroma of pulp;
- the taste of the pulp is sweet and sour;
- oval bone with a wide ventral suture, weighing 0.7 g, not completely separated from the pulp.
In the photo - cherry plum July rose, which has a high yield. The average life cycle of a plant with proper agricultural technology is up to 15 years.
Cherry plum Yul'skaya Rosa is characterized by excellent taste, the official tasting assessment of fresh fruits is 4.4 points
Cherry plum of an early hybrid variety Yulskaya Rosa takes root easily and is distinguished by unpretentious care. The main characteristics of cherry plum July Rose allow you to determine the intricacies of agricultural technology.
Drought tolerance, winter hardiness
The cherry plum variety Yulskaya Roza is characterized by a high degree of frost resistance (up to - 36 ⁰С) and winter hardiness in the official region of admission, according to the recommendations of the originator.
Drought resistance - average, the culture requires additional watering during the dry summer. In case of excessive irrigation, the July Rose can be attacked by aphids.
In general, the Yul'skaya Rosa variety easily adapts and adapts to various unfavorable living conditions, tolerates snow, rain, strong winds
Cherry plum pollinators July Rose
In the State Register of Breeding Achievements, the cherry plum variety Yulskaya Rose is positioned as a self-infertile crop.
The originator of the variety, in turn, draws attention to partial self-fertility and, in order to improve the palatability of fruits and increase yields, recommends placing the crop next to pollinating varieties that are characterized by the same flowering period ("Found", "Traveler", " Pramen ").
Placing Comet Rannyaya next to the cherry plum of pollinating varieties can increase the level of crop productivity
Flowering period and ripening period
The flowering period of the July Rose falls on the first days of April. Cherry plum inflorescences are expressed by two flowers, as well as a large number of flowers on one shoot. The calyx has the shape of a bell with sepals pressed against the petals.
Snow-white inflorescences of early June cherry-plum Kometa Early envelop the garden in a veil of heady spring aroma
Productivity and fruiting
The cherry plum variety Yulskaya Roza enters the phase of active fruiting at 3-4 years of life. By the age of 8, the tree gives record harvests (up to 10 kg in one season).
Fruiting of the July Rose begins in June and lasts for several weeks. Ripening of fruits is uneven, but the yield is regular and stable. Since the fruits are unstable on the stalks, harvest should be done immediately, as the cherry plum ripens. Ripe fruits become red-burgundy, sweet, juicy.
Over the entire life cycle of the Yul'skaya rose variety, there are no pronounced drops in productivity indicators.
Scope of the fruit
According to experts, the taste characteristics of the Yulskaya Roza cherry plum variety were estimated at 4.4 points. Ripe fruits are distinguished by the optimal sugar-acid index - 3.0, they contain the maximum amount of natural components:
- up to 7.8% sugar;
- up to 2.3% acids;
- up to 10.9% dry matter;
- up to 6.67% vitamin C.
Cherry plum of this variety is a versatile product that is used with great success fresh, for processing and conservation.
Transportability and keeping quality of fruits is average. Cherry plum transportation is possible provided it is stored correctly. For the first 7-10 days, the fruits removed from the tree are stored open in a wooden box. In a dark, cool room, they can lie for up to 1 month.
High-quality products from cherry plum Yul'skaya Rose are endowed with a high degree of expert assessment: compote - 4.4 points, juice with pulp - 4.0 points, jam - 4.5 points
Disease and pest resistance
The culture has a stable immunity to the main causative agents of diseases. An early hybrid variety of cherry plum Kometa Rannyaya is practically not exposed to pests.
When the first signs of diseases and the appearance of pests are detected, trees should be treated in a timely manner with modern fungicides and insecticides.
Advantages and disadvantages
An early ripe cherry plum hybrid July Rose compares favorably with other fruit trees in terms of fruit ripening. The vitamin composition of the pulp is of undoubted benefit for the human body.
The moderately juicy pulp of the July Rose has delicious taste characteristics
- early maturity;
- high productivity;
- original plum taste;
- large fruit size;
- persistent immunity to diseases and pests;
- endurance in various climatic conditions.
- partial self-fertility;
- uneven aging;
- average level of drought resistance.
Experienced gardeners put emphasis on the autumn planting of cherry plum seedlings in open ground in the regions of admission. Since the culture is unpretentious and undemanding, there are no special difficulties and requirements of agricultural technology.
July Rose is a great early cherry plum variety for a small garden
Cherry plum seedlings July Rose can be moved into open ground in spring or autumn (from April to October).
In spring, trees are transplanted before the beginning of the period of active sap flow, provided that they are at rest. When buying seedlings with a closed root system, moving to open ground is carried out at any time from April to October.
Seedlings with an open root system are most often purchased from specialized nurseries in the fall. Autumn planting is most preferred for plants.
When planting cherry plum in the fall, during hibernation, the plants are easier to adapt to a new place
Choosing the right place
The most successful place for placing cherry plum trees can be called the southwestern or southern slopes. The ideal option would be a protective barrier from the wind and bad weather from trees or buildings from the north or north-east side. In addition, the following factors are important for the plant:
- lack of shading;
- the presence of loose, well-drained, neutral soil;
- lack of waterlogging and contact with groundwater.
In favorable conditions, cherry plum will develop faster, give high-quality and abundant harvests
What crops can and cannot be planted next to cherry plum
Cherry plum is compatible with crops such as apple, gooseberry, raspberry, black currant, maple, elderberry. Maple stimulates the fruiting of cherry plum, elderberry blocks the attacks of aphids.
Uncomfortable cherry plum with birch and various fruit trees, except for the apple tree.
Experienced flower growers recommend planting ornamental bushes and grass under a tree so that falling fruits do not deform when they fall
Selection and preparation of planting material
Cherry plum sapling July Rose must have a healthy appearance:
- well-developed fibrous roots;
- the absence of cones, growths, dry and rotten branches on the roots;
- healthy, smooth bark without cracks or damage on the trunk and branches.
2-year-old seedlings should be purchased, since older crops are more difficult to adapt, harder to take root, and are characterized by later fruiting.
Before planting in open ground, the root system should be placed in water for several hours. To stimulate growth, growth stimulants are added to the water: "Epin", "Heteroauxin", "Kornevin".
The planting hole is formed in such a way that the root system can be placed. The optimal hole size for a 2-year-old cherry plum seedling is 40 cm x 100 cm.At the bottom of the planting hole, place a drainage made of expanded clay, crushed stone or broken brick, up to 15 cm thick.The nutrient mixture for filling the planting hole should consist of equal parts:
- black soil;
- bottom peat;
- 400-500 g superphosphate;
- 3 liters of wood ash.
A planting pit with a nutrient mixture must be prepared in advance, covered with roofing material or slate to prevent the washing out of nutrients during the rainy season. When favorable conditions occur, the seedlings are transferred to open ground. Part of the land is taken out of the landing hole and the algorithm is followed:
- a mound is formed in the center of the hole;
- in a small distance from the center (at a distance of 10-15 cm), a peg up to 1.2 m high is driven in;
- the seedling is placed on a mound in such a way that the roots are freely distributed along the slopes of the mound, and the neck of the root system is located at the top of the mound;
- the seedling is sprinkled with earth, while carefully tamped, tied to a wooden peg;
- a tree-trunk circle is formed around the tree;
- a young tree is watered (10 liters of water per seedling).
2-3 hours after planting, the trunk circle can be mulched with sawdust, peat, hay or compost
Follow-up care of the culture
Regular care of the hybrid cherry plum July Rose consists of the following steps:
- watering once every 3 weeks with deep moistening of the soil 25 cm deep at the rate of 3-4 buckets of water per adult tree;
- removal, weeding of weeds for aeration;
- loosening to ventilate the root system;
- care for the near-trunk circle (mulching during the first 2-3 years of life with a 10-centimeter layer of humus or peat with periodic changes 3-4 times per season);
- sanitary pruning of the branches of the July Rose, formation of the crown 2 times during the growing season (in spring, mainly in March before bud break, - removal of lateral branches by 20 cm, rejuvenating pruning at the 8th year of life);
- feeding with nitrogen-containing mineral fertilizers in the spring for 3-4 years of life;
- inspection for signs of diseases and pests;
- timely harvest;
- preparation for winter - whitewashing of trunks to prevent the appearance of burns in the spring, covering the trunk of trees with a casing made of sheet iron with sacking wrapping (relevant for the regions of the Middle Strip and the Trans-Urals).
After pruning the old branches of the July Rose, the cuts should be treated with garden pitch to prevent the entry of pathogenic flora
Diseases and pests, methods of control and prevention
The hybrid variety of cherry plum Kometa Rannyaya is resistant to pathogens and insect infestations. In some cases, cherry plum July Rose can become infected with the following ailments:
- Trees become infected with coccomycosis from mid-July, brown or red spots appear on the foliage.
As a prophylaxis for coccomycosis, you can apply a lime solution to the trunks of cherry plum Yul'skaya Rose, treat the crown with Topsin-M, Horus
- Marsupial disease provokes a decrease in yields by more than 2 times. Fungus affects fruits, which are characterized by an elongated shape, green color with a white bloom.
The fruits of the cherry plum July Rose, affected by marsupial disease, should not be eaten, they are destroyed, in the spring the trees are treated with Bordeaux mixture or the preparation "Horus"
- Fungal moniliosis is a monilial burn or fruit rot. In the spring, burn ulcers form on foliage, flowers. Fruit rot affects ripe fruits that become dry. Subsequently, the fungus can spread to the trunk.
For the treatment of moniliosis on the July Rose, a solution of mustard powder (80 g of dry mustard per 10 liters of water) or the drug "Fitolavin" is used, which is used to treat cherry plum trees of the July Rose variety during the spring.
The main "enemies" of culture are:
- Caterpillars of the subcortical leafworm. They make holes in the bark and wood, as a result, the tree slows down, the side branches dry out, and the yield decreases.
Subcortical leafworm butterflies can be caught using pheromone traps; insecticide treatment is required to deactivate the larvae
- Plum aphid. It settles on the July Rose in huge colonies, sucks juices from plants, causes a decrease in yield, sometimes - the death of fruit trees.
To get rid of plum aphids on the July Rose cherry plum trees, you can plant aromatic herbs nearby: coriander, mint, parsley, dill; to process with drugs "Confidor", "Fufanon", "Aktara"
- Wrinkled sapwood. A small beetle, which "with appetite" absorbs all parts of the July Rose variety.
If larvae or adult beetles are found, the damaged branches of cherry plum should be promptly eliminated July Rose
Timely prevention helps to prevent the manifestation of diseases:
- thinning the crown;
- removal of vegetation remnants under trees before winter;
- treatment of trees with 1% Bordeaux mixture (Hom mixture) before flowering and 2 weeks after flowering;
- treatment of trees with a 3% solution of copper sulfate in early spring before the start of sap flow.
The larvae of the mucous sawfly eat the leaves, in order to get rid of the pests, you can spray the cherry plum trees July Rose with an infusion of wormwood, chamomile, use the biological agents Fitoverm, Lepidocide
Description of the cherry plum variety July Rose gives a general idea of the main characteristics of the plant. The fruit tree is characterized by early maturity, high winter hardiness, average drought resistance, high productivity and active fruiting. With proper care, ripe fruits are large in size and have excellent taste characteristics.
Reviews about cherry plum July Rose
Valentina Vasilievna, 56 years old, Aksai
Five years ago in one of the local nurseries purchased a cherry plum seedling Yul'skaya Rosa. At first, they did not believe the promises of the seller, who promised super early fruiting, large size of fruits and natural plum taste. Last year, our young cherry plum surprised us with its frequent ovary and many fruits. Very tasty cherry plum, really similar to plum in taste. The only drawback is that it is not easy to separate from the bone for making jam or jam.
Nikolay Permyakov, 62, Sevastopol
On my site cherry plum July Rose has been growing for 9 years. The tree bears fruit actively, from the 4th year of life. Blooms early, begins to bear fruit in June. I grow it for sale during the beach season, so I am very pleased with this variety. The fruits are very large, tasty, with an ideal presentation. The harvest last year from one tree was about 9-9.5 kg.