We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Many housewives harvest pickled cabbage for the winter. The finished product is tasty, extremely healthy, and, most importantly, is always at hand. It can be served with hot potatoes, meat or fish. A small amount of pickled vegetables will allow you to prepare delicious cabbage soup or vinaigrette. If there is a pickled salad in the fridge, then even unexpected guests will always be fed and satisfied. It is convenient to pickle cabbage in three-liter jars. Capacious glass containers can be found in every home. Unlike metal pots, they do not affect the taste of the product and fit perfectly on the refrigerator shelf. It is about how to pickle cabbage in a jar, and we will talk in the proposed article.
Good recipes for every housewife
There are so many pickled cabbage recipes that it is very, very difficult to choose the only one, the best cooking option, because often there is no way to taste a ready-made culinary creation. We offer several proven recipes that have already earned the attention of many housewives. Among the descriptions below, there are both the simplest cooking options for novice cooks, and very interesting recipes for real cooking professionals.
Cabbage "from childhood"
Surely many remember how grandmother in the village, in the cold entrance hall, had a whole bucket filled with crispy and aromatic cabbage. It is such a natural salad "from childhood" that allows you to prepare the recipe proposed below. It does not contain vinegar, vegetable oil, or other outlandish ingredients. You only need cabbage and carrots for cooking. The ratio of vegetable products may be different, but the appetizer will acquire a harmonious appearance and taste if you add 300 g of grated carrots to 3 kg of cabbage. To prepare the marinade, you need to add sugar and salt to 1 liter of water. Ingredients should be used in equal proportions, 2-2.5 tbsp each. l.
Cabbage without heat treatment and vinegar turns out to be natural and very useful, because not only vitamins of fresh vegetables are stored in it, but also new acids and useful substances appear during the fermentation of products. Pickled cabbage for the winter in jars is very simple to prepare:
- The marinade needs to be cooked only with the addition of salt. After boiling, the liquid must be cooled.
- Heads of cabbage must be chopped, carrots cut into thin bars or grated on a coarse grater.
- Tamp vegetables into a jar without filling the container completely.
- Pour the marinade over the cabbage and let stand for 2 days. At this time, you need to pierce the thickness of vegetables with a thin object to the bottom of the jar.
- After 2 days of fermentation, the marinade must be drained and sugar added to it. After dissolving the sweet sand, the liquid must be poured back into the jar.
- After 10 hours, the salad will be ready. For storage, it must be removed in the cold.
It is this kind of cabbage salad that is the most useful, since the process of its preparation is based on fermentation, as a result of which lactic acid is released, and the beneficial properties of the product are activated. Thanks to the marinade, there is no need to crush vegetables to get juice. This speeds up the cooking process and prevents the cabbage from becoming soft, slimy.
Important! Three kilograms of cabbage is enough to fill a five-liter jar. For a 3 liter jar, you need to use 2 kg of vegetables.
A simple recipe for pickling cabbage with spices and vinegar
Vinegar is an excellent preservative and can brighten the taste of any dish. If no one in the family has contraindications to the use of this acid, then you can safely prepare a pickled salad according to the proposed recipe. It includes a classic set of products: 3 kg of cabbage, 2 carrots and 90 g of salt, preferably large. In addition, for the preparation of the marinade, you will need to use 140 g of sugar, 120 ml of 9% vinegar and spices. The proposed volume of vegetables will require 700-800 ml of water. You can use the most affordable spices for salad, for example, black peppercorns or allspice, bay leaves.
Pickled cabbage in jars is prepared in stages:
- Remove all damaged leaves from the head of cabbage, cut out the stump and chop the vegetable into thin strips, 5-6 mm thick.
- Put chopped cabbage in a large saucepan and sprinkle with salt, then knead and leave in the room for 1 hour.
- Boil the marinade with vinegar and sugar, with the addition of spices. After boiling, cool the marinade.
- Drain the resulting brine from the container, add chopped carrots.
- Mix vegetables and transfer to a jar. Pour cold marinade over them.
- Soak the cabbage under a nylon lid in the refrigerator for 1-2 days.
Pickled cabbage turns out to be very tasty, but before serving it is recommended to supplement it with fresh onions or green onions, season with vegetable oil.
Pickled cabbage in combination with bell peppers and onions
The recipe below suggests combining several vegetables at once: cabbage, peppers, onions and carrots. The fresh ingredients in the recipe will be supplemented with vegetable oil, vinegar, sugar and salt. The exact guidelines for the amount of all ingredients used can be found in the detailed description:
- Cabbage in the amount of 3 kg should be chopped, if desired, in large or small pieces.
- Cut 500 g of bell pepper and free from grains, stalks. Chop vegetables into half rings.
- Peel 2 large onions and chop into half rings.
- 1 kg of carrots can be cut into slices or grated on a "Korean" grater.
- Mix the chopped vegetables in a large bowl.
- Boil 1 liter of water. Add 1 tbsp to the water. l. salt and 0.5 tbsp. Sahara. After the crystals of these ingredients dissolve, 400 ml of oil and an almost full glass (3/4) of 9% vinegar need to be added to the marinade.
- Tamp the vegetables tightly into liter jars and pour over boiling marinade.
- After cooling the jars, cover with lids and send to the cold.
The proposed recipe for pickling cabbage for the winter in jars with the addition of vinegar and vegetable oil allows you to easily store the workpiece for a long time and enjoy the excellent taste of a healthy salad.
Spicy "Georgian" cabbage
Bright red cabbage looks beautiful, interesting and unusual on the festive table. And if its taste is also spicy, spicy, then such a dish will certainly be snapped up by all the guests present, because there is no better snack than pickled vegetables. You can cook them pretty quickly, since you don't have to chop the cabbage finely, just cut the cabbage into quarters or small cubes.
In addition to 3 kg of cabbage, you will need one beet, 2 carrots, and a head of garlic to make a snack. You need to cook the marinade immediately for three liters of water. Add a few bay leaves and black peppercorns to the specified volume of liquid. Sugar is included in the recipe in the amount of 1 tbsp., Salt in the amount of 8 tbsp. Instead of vinegar, you should use 50 ml of vinegar essence. If desired, you can add spicy chili peppers to the cabbage.
Even a novice hostess can handle the preparation of a snack:
- Cut the heads of cabbage into large or small squares (optional).
- Grate peeled beets and carrots.
- Peeled garlic can be cut into thin slices or finely chopped.
- Lay vegetables in jars in layers (for example, the appetizer takes on a beautiful appearance).
- Add sugar and spices to the saline solution. Boil the mixture for 3-5 minutes. Remove the container from the gas and add the essence.
- When the marinade has cooled down a little, they need to fill the containers with cabbage.
- Close the jars and refrigerate.
The specified amount of vegetables will be able to fill 2 three-liter jars at once. You only need to pickle cabbage for the winter for one day, after which a beautiful appetizer can be served on the table. It is recommended to sprinkle the pickled salad with celery or green onions before serving.
Cabbage marinated with honey
Almost all pickled cabbage recipes include sugar. This ingredient makes the taste of vegetables bright and rich. But you can replace sugar with honey. This natural product, unlike sugar, will make the salad more flavorful, healthier and more beautiful.
For one recipe for winter harvesting, you will need a head of cabbage weighing 2.5 kg, 2 carrots and several bay leaves, allspice peas. Honey should be added to cabbage in the amount of 2 tbsp. Salt vegetables to taste, adding about 2-2.5 tbsp. l.
It is recommended to prepare winter salting as follows:
- Cut the heads of cabbage into thin "noodles", grate the carrots. Mix vegetables and knead them a little to get juice.
- Fill three-liter jars with vegetables. Put seasonings in the middle of the container.
- In the center of the filled jar, you need to make a hole where you put honey and salt.
- Boil 1-1.5 liters of water, cool it a little.
- Fill the jars with cool boiled water so that the liquid completely covers the vegetables.
- Cover the jars with lids and leave in the room for a day.
- A day later, carbon dioxide must be removed from the cabbage. To do this, pierce the thickness of the vegetables with a thin knitting needle or skewer.
- After 3 days, the snack will be completely fermented and ready to eat. Store pickled salad in the refrigerator.
The proposed pickled cabbage recipe allows you to prepare an extremely healthy product with an interesting taste. The natural fermentation process provides the snack with lactic acid bacteria and nutrients. Pickled product in 3-liter jars keeps well and can complement any product on the table.
Pickling Chinese cabbage
Domestic hostesses traditionally pickle white cabbage, but you can also make a delicious pickled product for the winter from Peking cabbage. So, for every 1 kg of this vegetable, you will need 6 tbsp. salt and 4 tbsp. The recipe also includes 200 ml of vinegar, 1 liter of water and a few peas of black pepper.
It is better to marinate Chinese cabbage in a liter jar. The process of preparing this dish for the winter is extremely simple:
- Divide the head of cabbage into leaves, tear off the uppermost green part from them. Cut the rest of the leaves into strips.
- You need to cook the marinade from water, salt, sugar and vinegar.
- Put the peppercorns on the bottom of the jar.
- Fill containers with cabbage and boiling marinade.
- Roll up the cans or close them with an iron screw cap.
- Turn the jars with the lid down and cover with a warm pea jacket, blanket.
Canned Chinese cabbage is delicious and flavorful. It is a great substitute for fresh vegetable salad on the table in the winter season.
Along with white and Peking cabbages, you can pickle cauliflower for the winter in jars.
A detailed guide on how to pickle this type of cabbage is offered in the video:
Pickled cabbage is so tasty and aromatic that every time you open the refrigerator, you just want to eat a little of this sweet and sour and moderately salty snack. It is good with potatoes or cutlets, in soup and even in salad. Surprisingly, some housewives even prepare the Olivier salad, which is familiar to many, not with cucumbers, but with pickled cabbage. Such a wide range of uses makes pickled cabbage literally an indispensable product in every kitchen. And to cook it, you can choose one of the recipes suggested above. After all, all the suggested tips and tricks are time-tested and have already found their gourmets.