We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Hungarian cucumbers for the winter are in demand for their light taste and ease of preparation. The recipe is ideal for canning gherkins and small greens.
Features of cooking cucumbers in Hungarian
The Hungarian preservation method gives the dish a light piquancy and pungency. The recipes use natural acids and preservatives, which allow even children to consume the vegetable.
Advantages of Hungarian cucumbers:
- ease of salting, even a novice cook will cope with the task;
- fruits always come out juicy and crispy;
- light spicy taste;
- long-term storage.
Tartaric acid can, if desired, be replaced with fruit acid, as well as acetic acid.
You can cook a workpiece in Hungarian in various ways. Cucumbers are most often canned whole, but a chopped vegetable can also be used.
Before starting, the containers are carefully prepared. They are washed with baking soda. After that, they are sterilized. There are several ways:
- Pour 100 ml of water on the bottom of 1 liter of a can. Send to microwave. Turn on the maximum mode and set the time for five minutes.
- Place prepared containers in a preheated oven. Temperature range - 110 ° С. Leave for a quarter of an hour.
- Put a small kettle on the hotplate, filled to the middle with water. Cover the nose with cotton wool. Remove the lid, and put the jar in its place. Steam sterilized for a quarter of an hour.
Cover the lids with water and cook for a few minutes.
Banks must be carefully checked for damage. If there are small chips, barely noticeable cracks, then they are not suitable for conservation. During the temperature drop, there is a high probability that the glass will break.
The optimal volume of the container is 0.75 l and 1 l. This portion is easy to eat, and the open workpiece does not have to be left in the refrigerator compartment for a long time.
It is necessary to roll up tightly to exclude air ingress. The sealed containers must be turned over and placed under a blanket until they cool completely.
Experienced chefs recommend cutting off the tips of the fruit.
Selecting and preparing vegetables
For harvesting in Hungarian, the smallest fruits are chosen. To keep them intact during heat treatment, the crop is first soaked and kept in ice water for about four hours. During this time, the cucumbers will absorb a sufficient amount of liquid and become denser. You do not need to soak just assembled specimens.
If garlic is added to the composition, then it must be peeled and crushed with a knife. Do not grind strongly. Onions, carrots and herbs are used only fresh and of high quality.
Cucumbers should be firm, free from damage or signs of rot. Yellow, overgrown specimens, as well as cucumbers with large seeds, are not suitable.
Preference should be given to late ripening fruits. It is better not to use smooth cucumbers. They are soft, not fragrant, and their color never remains deep green.
Each fruit is cleaned of ovaries and tails, then washed thoroughly. Even a small amount of the remaining soil on the surface of the cucumbers can spoil the taste and quality of the entire Hungarian harvest. Therefore, it is better to postpone too contaminated specimens and not use for canning.
It is important to choose the size of the cucumbers. All copies should be approximately the same. This will make it much easier to put them in cans, and the workpiece will turn out to be more attractive.
Gherkins are best suited for preservation in Hungarian.
Hungarian pickled cucumber recipes
In order for Hungarian cucumbers to turn out fragrant and crispy, you must follow all the recommendations of the selected recipe. In order for the marinade to saturate the fruits as well as possible, you can cut off the ends of each.
Hungarian-style crispy gourmet cucumbers are served as an appetizer. They are also added to vinaigrette, pickle and various salads. Below are the most common cooking options in which vegetables retain their flavor, aroma and condition.
Classic Hungarian cucumber preparation
The traditional cooking option is chosen for its lightness and minimal set of ingredients. Tartaric acid serves as a preservative.
You will need:
- cucumbers - 1 kg;
- salt - 20 g;
- mustard - 10 g;
- sugar - 100 g;
- pepper - 3 peas;
- garlic - 3 cloves;
- cloves - 4 pcs.;
- water - 1 l;
- wine vinegar - 150 ml.
How to cook Hungarian:
- Rinse and sterilize containers in a microwave or oven. The optimal volume is 1 liter.
- Cut off the tips from the fruit. Send to banks.
- Pour in mustard, then all other spices. Add garlic last.
- Mix sugar with salt. Send into the water. Cook until the products are dissolved.
- Pour in tartaric acid. Mix.
- Pour the workpieces with the resulting solution and leave for five minutes.
The secret of the ideal taste of preservation is the correct choice of the size of zelents
The recipe for sweet Hungarian cucumbers for the winter
Crispy Hungarian cucumbers for the winter in jars with added sugar will amaze everyone with their delicate taste. A healthy snack will help strengthen the immune system in the winter, and, if consumed regularly, will protect against seasonal diseases.
You will need:
- water - 2 l;
- wine vinegar - 500 ml;
- sugar - 350 g;
- cucumbers - 2.6 kg;
- salt - 50 g;
- mustard beans - 5 g;
- peppercorns - 10 g.
How to cook Hungarian:
- Place the crop in ice water. Leave on for three hours.
- Fill sterile jars as tightly as possible. Add spices.
- For the marinade, combine sugar with salt and water. Cook until the liquid starts to boil.
- Pour vegetables.
- Cover the bottom of a large saucepan with a cloth. Put banks.
- Pour in warm water, which should not be higher than the container's hanger. If you use a cold one, then the glass can crack from a sharp temperature drop.
- Leave on low heat for a quarter of an hour.
- Boil the lids for seven minutes. Cover containers. Cork.
Advice! If, after completion, it turns out that the containers are not tightly closed, you must open them. Drain the marinade and boil. Re-sterilize the finished product and roll up.
If desired, you can add a little carrots and chili peppers to the composition.
Hungarian Canned Cucumbers with Carrots
According to the recipe for pickled cucumbers in Hungarian for the winter with the addition of carrots, an appetizer with a bright and rich taste is obtained.
You will need:
- cucumbers - 1.5 kg;
- acetic acid 9% - 70 ml;
- carrots - 1 large;
- water - 500 ml;
- sugar - 40 g;
- onion - 1 large;
- salt - 10 g;
- sweet peas - 10 pcs.
How to cook Hungarian:
- Cut the peeled carrots into small rings, and the onion into half rings.
- Remove tips from cucumbers.
- Rinse containers with soda and sterilize in any way. If you skip this process, the workpiece can quickly deteriorate.
- Place the cucumbers tightly in the jars, spreading the carrot rings and onions in the process.
- Sprinkle allspice.
- Dissolve salt in water. Sweeten. Cook for three minutes. Pour in acetic acid. As soon as the brine boils, pour into containers to the very top.
- Cover, but do not tighten.
- Send to a pot of warm water. Put on minimum heat. Sterilize for 17 minutes.
- Close with new boiled lids. Turn over.
- Wrap with warm cloth. Leave to cool completely.
If there is room in the jar, and the whole fruit does not fit, you can add a few cucumbers cut into circles
Hungarian cucumbers for the winter without sterilization
Salting cucumbers in Hungarian for the winter will not take much time, and the result will delight the whole family. The mustard seed will help spice up the snack.
You will need:
- cucumbers - 5 kg;
- mustard beans - 10 g;
- water - 3.5 l;
- cloves - 5 g;
- allspice - 10 g;
- sugar - 600 g;
- black peppercorns - 10 g;
- salt - 100 g.
Step by step process:
- Place the crop in cold water. Leave on for four hours. After that, tightly fill sterile containers with fruits.
- Boil the water indicated in the recipe.
- Add salt. Add spices. Darken until the crystals are completely dissolved and immediately pour into the blanks.
- Turn over onto the lid. Cover with a warm blanket. Leave on for two days. Store in the basement.
Advice! In the process of preparing Hungarian cucumbers, remember that vegetables completely uncovered with brine will not retain their freshness for a long time.
Salting turns out to be crispy and tasty
Terms and methods of storage
To increase the shelf life, Hungarian cucumbers must be stored in the basement. A cellar or pantry with a temperature of + 2 ° ... + 10 ° C is well suited for this purpose. Under such conditions, conservation retains its taste and nutritional qualities for two years.
If it is possible to store it only in an apartment, choose a cabinet located away from heating appliances. The sun's rays should not fall on the Hungarian cucumbers. The shelf life is one year. In winter, you can put a snack on the balcony. At sub-zero temperatures, wrap with a warm cloth.
Hungarian-style open cucumbers are stored only in the refrigerator compartment for no more than a week.
Advice! If during storage the marinade becomes cloudy, and the lid is swollen, then such a product cannot be used.
Hungarian cucumbers for the winter are an appetizing and tasty preparation. By experimenting with herbs, spices and herbs based on the traditional variation, you can create new and unique recipes every time.