We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Not all cabbage keeps well during the winter. Therefore, it is customary to make all kinds of blanks out of it. This is very convenient, because then you will not need to chop and cook it. You just need to take out a jar of salted cabbage and serve it along with onions and sunflower oil. In this article, we will consider several options for how to deliciously pickle cabbage for the winter.
Salting cabbage at home
To give the workpiece taste and aroma, it is customary to add all kinds of spices and other vegetables to it. Ordinary carrots perfectly complement the taste of the dish. In addition, it gives off a little color, making the appetizer more colorful. Spices such as bay leaves and black peppercorns can add a pleasant aroma. Spicy lovers can cook cabbage with garlic and horseradish. Thus, you will have a wonderful appetizer that can be served on the festive table.
The classic salted cabbage recipe
- white cabbage - about 3 kilograms;
- medium-sized carrots - 2 pieces;
- coarse food salt - 2 tablespoons;
- sugar - 1 level tablespoon;
- 3 to 5 bay leaves;
- black peppercorns - 4-5 pieces;
- litere of water.
Salting cabbage is as follows:
- The first step is to prepare the brine. A liter of water is poured into a saucepan and brought to a boil. The required amount of salt and sugar is added there, after which it is boiled for another couple of minutes. Then it is left for a while until it cools completely. You can taste the mixture to determine what is missing in the brine.
- In the meantime, you can prepare all the vegetables you need. The cabbage is washed and cut into thin slices. To do this, you can use a special kitchen tool (shredders and knives).
- Carrots are also washed and peeled. Then you can cut it into thin strips with a knife or grate it on a Korean carrot grater.
- Mix cabbage and carrots in a large container. In this case, it is important to thoroughly grind the vegetables so that a little juice stands out.
- Glass jars are filled with this mass. From time to time, peppercorns and bay leaves are added to the jar.
- It's time to pour the brine over the vegetables. After that, the jars are covered with plastic lids and placed in a warm place for 3 or 4 days. With a wooden stick, the mass is regularly pierced so that the air can escape.
- Further, the jars are tightly closed with lids and left in a cool place for further storage.
Salted cabbage with beets
Next, we will look at a recipe for how you can salt cabbage at home with the addition of beets. Additional vegetables add flavor and color to the pickled cabbage. In this case, beets color the cabbage in a bright raspberry hue and give it its light and pleasant taste. In this recipe, various spices and additives are also used, which make the preparation sharper, more piquant and tastier.
So, to prepare the blank, we need:
- fresh white cabbage - about 4 kilograms;
- red fresh beets - 3 medium-sized fruits;
- horseradish root - 1 or 2 pieces;
- medium-sized garlic - 1 head;
- edible salt - 100 grams;
- bay leaf - 4 small leaves;
- granulated sugar - half a glass;
- whole cloves - 2 pieces;
- water - about 2 liters;
- black peppercorns - up to 10 pieces.
Preparation of the workpiece begins with brine. Prepared water is brought to a boil, food salt, bay leaf, granulated sugar, umbrellas, cloves and black peppercorns are added. The mixture is mixed well and removed from heat.
While the brine is cooling, you can start preparing the vegetables. The cabbage heads are washed and the damaged upper leaves are removed. Then you can cut the cooking into several pieces and start slicing. In this case, you do not need to be small. The cabbage pieces should be fairly large.
Advice! If someone does not like such a large cut, you can chop the cabbage in the usual way.
Beets are peeled and cut into small pieces. Horseradish roots are cleaned, washed and passed through a meat grinder. You can also use a fine grater for this. We do the same with garlic. Then the chopped cabbage must be crumpled with your hands until the juice comes out. After that, it is mixed with prepared garlic and horseradish.
Vegetables are laid out in prepared jars, from time to time adding pieces of beet to it. Next, the contents are poured with brine. Now you can cover the cabbage in brine with lids and leave it like this for a couple of days. After 2 or 3 days, the workpiece is transferred to a refrigerator or cellar.
How to quickly pickle cabbage
Winter blanks take quite a long time. Therefore, many housewives are looking for simple recipes that will save time. This cooking method is just that. That being said, you don't need a lot of different ingredients. The main thing is to chop all the necessary vegetables. It's good that now there are special shredders and food processors that help speed up the process.
For cooking we need:
- white cabbage - 20 kilograms;
- fresh carrots - 0.6 kilograms;
- food salt - 0.4 kilograms.
Attention! This blank can be cooked without carrots.
Cooking snacks begins with the preparation of the cabbage. Heads of cabbage are washed, cut and chopped into thin strips. In principle, the size of the slices does not really matter and does not affect the taste in any way, so you can cut the cabbage and larger.
Next, peel and wash the carrots. Then it is grated. Now is the time to combine all the prepared ingredients. The cabbage is mixed with salt and carrots, rubbing everything thoroughly with your hands. Further, the mass is laid out in any convenient container. For this you can use glass jars, wooden barrels and enamel pots. At the same time, the cabbage is well tamped and covered with a lid.
The lid should be slightly smaller than the opening of the container. This way you can crush the cabbage well. Then you need to put something heavy on top, a brick or a container of water. After that, the workpiece is kept in a cold room for 3 or 4 days. The appetizer is now completely ready to eat.
How to salt cabbage with pepper and garlic
The advantage of this appetizer is that it is prepared for a very short time, but it is stored throughout the winter. Garlic and pepper, which are present in this dish, give the preparation a special piquant taste. At the same time, the amount of garlic can be adjusted to suit your taste and needs. The cooking process is facilitated by the fact that the workpiece is marinated not in brine, but in its own juice.
To prepare this wonderful salad, we need to prepare:
- fresh white cabbage - from 4 to 5 kilograms;
- fresh medium-sized carrots - 1 piece;
- red hot peppers - 1 or 2 pieces;
- cloves of garlic - up to 5 pieces;
- table salt - to taste (from 20 to 55 grams).
The process of preparing the workpiece is as follows:
- Cabbage heads, of course, must be washed under running water and cut into several pieces. Then each of them is chopped on a special grater. The straws should be thin and long. Carrots need to be peeled and grated on a shredder or coarse grater. You can also use a special Korean carrot grater.
- It is better to peel and chop hot peppers with gloves so that no particles then get on the mucous membrane of the eyes and mouth. The pepper should be cut into 2 parts to make it easier to remove the seeds. Then it is cut into smaller pieces.
- The garlic cloves are peeled and then chopped. You can simply cut the garlic into thin slices or cubes.
- All prepared ingredients are placed in a large bowl and thoroughly mixed with salt. It is better not to throw all the salt right away. You can taste the salad and then add more salt as needed. Be sure to thoroughly grind the vegetables so that the required amount of juice is released.
- Then the cabbage is covered with a lid and an additional weight is placed on it. For 3 days, the workpiece is periodically stirred and covered with a lid again. After this time, you need to try the cabbage. If it is salted and has a good taste, then you can pour the workpiece into glass jars and put it in the refrigerator or cellar.
Attention! If, after 3 days, the workpiece is not salted, then it is left for another couple of days.
There are quite a few recipes for pickling cabbage. All of them, of course, will not fit into one article. Many housewives also add apples and other favorite spices to the snack. In any case, quick salting of cabbage has many advantages over other methods of harvesting this vegetable. The main thing is to do everything right. The cooking process is quite simple and even beginners can do it. Surely everyone can chop vegetables and mix them together with spices. As you can see, it is not necessary to make the preparation in brine, you can simply combine the vegetables with salt and you will get an equally tasty snack. But how pleasant it will be in winter to enjoy the most delicious pickled homemade cabbage.